Fast relief for scalp eczema
If you're struggling with scalp eczema or scalp psoriasis, you know how uncomfortable and irritating these conditions can be. The good news is that there are a few effective strategies that can help alleviate symptoms and promote healing. We connected with our community of social to find out their favorites and most effective.
Here are the most frequently mentioned go-to tips to help alleviate scalp eczema or scalp psoriasis fast, with Olsson Haircare as a recommended aid.
- Use allergy friendly shampoo: It goes without saying that choosing the right shampoo is crucial when dealing with scalp eczema or psoriasis. Look for gentle, hypoallergenic shampoos that are free from harsh chemicals and fragrances. Olsson Haircare offers both a Normal/Dry and Volume Shampoo that are approved by Allergy UK, making them a great option for those with sensitive scalps.
- Moisturise your scalp: Keeping your scalp well-moisturised can help soothe dryness, itching and inflammation associated with scalp eczema or psoriasis. Olsson Haircare offers an ultra lightweight conditioning formula that nourishes hair while the addition of Aloe Vera helps soothe and hydrate irritated scalps – it was specifically designed for sensitive scalps.
- Avoid scratching: Itchy scalps can be tempting to scratch, but scratching can further irritate the skin and worsen the condition. Try to resist the urge to scratch your scalp and instead use a gentle, non-abrasive touch. If you're struggling with severe itching, consult a dermatologist for additional treatment options.
- Practice good scalp hygiene: Keeping your scalp clean and free from excess oil and debris is important in managing scalp eczema or psoriasis. Wash your hair regularly (with a gentle shampoo) and rinse thoroughly to remove all product residue. Avoid using hot water as it can further dry out your scalp and instead opt for lukewarm water instead.
- Manage stress: Stress can exacerbate skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as practicing mindfulness, exercising or engaging in relaxing activities like yoga or meditation. Managing stress can significantly help reduce flare-ups and promote healing.
Lowri Lives with eczema and says "That's a winner in my eyes"...
If you're struggling with persistent scalp eczema or psoriasis, it's important to speak with a dermatologist. They can assess the severity of your condition and provide personalised treatment options, which may include prescription medications to assist.
Remember, managing scalp eczema or psoriasis requires a gentle and consistent approach to care.
Incorporating Olsson Haircare has proven to be an effective step for many in managing their scalp sensitivity, but we're here to help and support you in your journey of finding a haircare solution suitable for you, so do get in touch with your questions.
In summary, formulated without perfume, preservatives or colourants, this high-performance haircare range is particularly suitable for anyone suffering from eczema, asthma, topical steroid withdrawal, psoriasis or simply looking for a haircare brand with less, that provides more for your hair.
Disclaimer: Due to the complex nature of allergies we cannot guarantee that our products will not trigger an allergic reaction. Over 3 years we developed a formula that has been commended by leading scientists and allergy associations who have gone on to provide their badge of approval. However, if you are a sensitive soul, we would always encourage you to examine the ingredients that are carefully itemised on each product listing, review our free-from table, discover our Help & FAQ or ask our experts - but most importantly, undertake a patch test prior to use.